Sacred Arts Camp is held on a field that belongs to a community and the land is run and maintained by them. There is a large home on the land and this is for the sole use of the community. They have given us the following guidelines which helps to make our stay with them work smoothly.
- You are welcome to walk around the woodland walk on the outside of the camp field and around by the children's playground.
- We ask that you do not come into the house as we try to keep disturbance to a minimum.
- Please do not enter any of the outbuildings, some are unsafe or are private accommodation.
- Please do not disturb other visitors or residents.
- There will be an open afternoon on Tuesday when you can visit the house.
- Please take care of the turf that is taken from your fire pit. Build a relationship with it make it part of your circle. Water it daily and even more in really hot weather. It does not like being peed on.
- Please do not forage for wood in the surrounding woodlands, they are managed in an environmentally sustainable way and stripping them of deadwood is not good practice and disturbs wildlife.
- The toilets are all compost. There is a set down by the stage hidden behind the trees ideal for young children. Please use the urinals when possible as the nitrogen is very useful. Please provide 100% recycled paper ‐ we will provide sawdust. Please note that one handful of sawdust is plenty ‐ too much is a problem. There is hand washing and drinking water at each toilet, some taps are foot operated. Nappies, sanitary items and condoms should be put in bins ‐ not into the toilet.
- Please bring eco-friendly toiletries only, (100% organic/biodegradable) washing liquids and 100% recycled toilet paper.
- The showers are heated by wood burning stoves please ask advice from site crew if you have problems. The water stays warm for several days so check if water is warm in tank before lighting the boiler.
- Our meadows are grazed by sheep. We also have other livestock and lots of wildlife including ground nesting birds. Please no dogs. Livestock and wildlife should not be disturbed in any way. Please double check all gates are closed properly ‐ do not leave children to do this.
- Noise carries a long way at night. Please be aware that many people live near the campsite. We think 11.00 pm is a reasonable hour to quieten down and ask for your co-operation with this. Please stay quiet before 7am.
- Children are the responsibility of parents/carers at all times, there is unfenced water in the grounds but not the camp-site. The woodland play area should always be supervised by an adult.
- All waste must be properly separated for recycling. Food waste is deposited in bins and taken for bio‐fuel. Please do not mix other rubbish with food waste.
- Please pick up ALL litter including cigarette ends. Do not throw cigarette ends into the bushes ‐ leave the site as lovely as you found it. Your camp will provide a skip for other recycled materials, glass, cardboard, bottles etc. Take all other rubbish home with you.
Enjoy your stay ‐ we hope you have fun!